Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's Been such a LONG time....






Wow I do not event know where to begin so much has happened the last 2months. REALLY? is it almost MAY! WOW. Ok well for starters Jamie and I moved to Pacifica!! We live in an apartment about 15 feet from the ocean and we LOVE it, it was a pretty fast move but are happy here in our new home. It has been just about 2 months since we moved but we are still getting settled. Life definitely does NOT stop so it has been a process but we are getting use to it. The weather here is a bit different from San Francisco, it's breezy at night with the Ocean right next to us, but the sunny days are BEAUTIFUL!!! We has such great weather earlier this week, it was in the high 90's<<<< THAT IS UNHEARD OF HERE! haha. It made us look forward to summer time, when that comes here in about October haha. Pacifica is only about 12- 15 min. out of San Francisco, and it is actually easier for us to get to downtown SF from where we live now, easy in 15 min. We have parking now, and there is no street cleaning, ( the tings San Franciscans appreciate! ) Pacifica is a small town, but people are nice, and still so close to where we need to be.

I leave for Italy in 30 days!!!! I am SOO excited but I feel like I have not been able to think about because I have so much going on right now, I am def. looking forward to the break- life has been non-stop recently and it will be nice to just get away- something i am looking forward to.

I planned a walk for Women's Cancer Research accross the Golden Gate Bridge this Sunday the 26th, it has been so much WORK and dealing with a lot of people getting all the permits and donations but it is finally coming and I CAN'T believe it. To be honest I really want it to be over so I can have some time to relax, but it has been a learning experience and I am truly glad to do it. I am expecting a nice turnout so I will keep you updated. All the money I am raising is going to UCSF women's cancer center towards research. I picked up the T-shirts today, and am getting all my paper work in place, note* paper = not fun. :) I have def. learned that this year has been a struggle to get people involved and to donate money, I know times are hard, but I have had many struggles to get people to donate money all of our big donors that usually have no problem supporting causes have been turning me down, but we are going do great with the money we raise, because I have learned that every little bit helps. I will make sure to put pictures up of us on the Golden Gate Bridge!

On a sadder note I found out that due to a mix-up in the transcript office I will not be able to graduate until May of 10. So that means 1 more semester than expected. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it will definitely be an adjustment. It also means find another 20,0000.00 for 1 more semester. USF is pretty pricey. On the upside though it may be better to graduate in a year when hopefully* the economy is better and getting a new job might be easier. Many of friends are not graduating with a job, which is so RARE for our USF grads. Last year so many of my friends graduated with jobs in hand. It's just a different time, and that means adjustment.

I am setting a goal of opening my own restaurant within 5 years of graduating, which may sound like a long time, but I have just finished all the planning for it including financials down to the napkins and it is A LOT of money, but something I want so bad, and i will do it. I am very excited about it, but it will be an even LONGER process and but I am willing to put in the work and dedication.

Last month Jamie and I had the chance to take a 1 night trip to San Simeon for a MUCH needed away time trip. It was short but we enjoyed every min. of it, I put up some pictures from our trip, it was fun just driving down the coast. We are hoping to take another 4 day trip right before I leave for Italy, and he starts filming a feature film, we will both be busy and since I will be gone we really want to take that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment